We were told lots of updates were coming to Gran Turismo Sport before March and they kept their word. Like the last few updates, there are more cars, but also some new features, changes, and tracks.
Track Changes/GT League Events
Blue Moon Raceway now has a few new layouts. There is now an infield area added to the oval section. However, they didn’t slow things down too much as you can still get tons of speed on the straights before entering the infield.
There is also three brand new single player events. There are also some additional races added to some of the old events.
- Stars & Stripes
- Dream Car Championship
- F1500 Championship
New cars have been a big part of GT Sort update and this one adds 12 new ones! Even more exciting is one of those new cars is a “Formula” car, which is basically an F1 style car. This car is designed by Gran Turismo themselves and isn’t from a major brand, however. Still cool nonetheless.
- Alpine A110 1600S ’72
- Alpine A110 Première Édition ’17
- Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic ’07
- De Tomaso Pantera ’71
- Dodge Challenger R/T ’70
- Ford Mustang Mach 1 ’71
- Gran Turismo F1500T-A
- Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 ’11
- Subaru WRX STI Isle of Man Time Attack Car ’16
- Subaru Falken Tire / Turn 14 Distribution BRZ ’17
- Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A ’88
- Toyota MR2 GT-S ’97
Each new GT Sport update always adds an interesting collection of new cars. Definitely a lot of fan favourites have been added, like the Supra, but also some pretty cool ones that you would not have expected like the De Tomaso Pantera ’71. Which car from this update do you like the most?
GT Sport is mainly a competitive online racing game, which players are scored upon based on a few different factors. One of them is Sportsmanship Rating. For the most part this is fine, but it sucks that your SR rating can go down based on what other people do to you. Now, however, they have changed the way the system works, which should improve the overall experience.
- Sportsmanship Rating rating algorithms have been improved to better judge penalties
- If you get into a crash the Driver Rating will now also be affected
- There can also be a timed penalty depending on how bad it was
- If a driver is going around constantly smashing into people the timed penalties will continue to become more severe
- Too many crashes and shortcuts in one race could now get you disqualified
- If you lap someone the car a lap behind will be turned into a ghost, so you can not crash into them. However, this only happens in Sport Mode
- You can now report a player for bad conduct during a race.
Scapes has added “snow” in the special features section as well as a new spot to VW.
Livery changes are small, but important. Things like “Exposure Adjustment” has been added to the editor options. Also, the lowest value limit for black paint brightness has been lowered.
When editing a vehicle with an existing livery such as a race car, the existing livery will no longer be removed until you start editing the paint, decals, or racing items. (When only the design of the wheels is changed, the original decals will be maintained)
There are a few other small changes with this update, but the ones listed above are the ones you will notice. Which is your favourite?
Source: Gran Turismo