Another day another update for GT Sport, and this one is a good one. It brings new cars, a KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System) adjustment system for F1 cars, and much more!
Just look at the list below. Some truly awesome Italian cars have been added. If you watched the latest “The Grand Tour” episode (they had a piece about the Stratos and a modern version of it) I already know you are excited to drive the Stratos. Of course, the Super Formula Dallara SF19 Super Formula car is all carbon and gonna be awesome to drive too.
- Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521 ’61
- Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary ’88
- Lancia Stratos ’73
- Super Formula Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Honda ’19
- Super Formula Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Toyota ’19
KERS and DRS
For those wondering what a KERS system is, it basically means an “overtake” button. The video above explains how F1 cars use this system in greater detail, however, a small electric battery is in the car and when you press the button it sends out a burst of extra power. Similar to how NOS works, but for racing.
This system is only for F1 cars and concept racing cars. That means not a ton of cars have access to it, except for the following:
- Dodge SRT Tomahawk X Vision Gran Turismo
- Dodge SRT Tomahawk GTS-R Vision Gran Turismo
- Dodge SRT Tomahawk S Vision Gran Turismo
- INFINITI CONCEPT Vision Gran Turismo
- LEXUS LF-LC GT “Vision Gran Turismo”
- NISSAN CONCEPT 2020 Vision Gran Turismo
- Toyota Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo
There is also another system called DRS (drag reduction system). This works in a similar manner where it can be activated for overtaking. However, instead of a battery it activates aero parts to reduce drag.
Again, only a few cars have access to it, but feel free to try it in one of the following cars:
- McLaren P1 GTR
- Mercedes-AMG F1 W08 EQ Power+ 2017
- Mercedes-AMG F1 W08 EQ Power+ (Color Variation) 2017
Campaign Events and Scapes
The newly added (last update), Autopolis, track now has a new “Circuit Experience” for it. Also, there are other events such as the “FF Challenge” rounds 6 and 7, “Lamborghini Cup” rounds 6 and 7, “Gr.1 Prototype Endurance Series” round 5, and a few more.
Scapes gets a few new options as well. “Cherry Blossoms – Heralds of spring” has been added to the special featured section.
Other than that there are basic bug fixes and minor updates here and there.